Time to show some love and appreciate these heroes.
Firefighters are some badass mutha fuckas
firefighters are incredibly under appreciated, this is sadly the first appreciation post to them and we need more of these, they literally walk through hell to pick up people and pull them out, they are all Castiels if all civilians are Deans, and they save animals, treating all like humans, i have never heard of a firefighter that has chosen not to save someone for there race or sex or sexuality or anything, a human is a human and an animal is an animal, i love these people and they don’t deserve to be ignored as much as they are
grown. ass. men.
you scared she gonna strike out yr precious baby boy? OH TOO LATE.
they were doing a special on her on one of the news channels at the gym. i didnt have the headphones so i couldnt hear the story, but one of the photos they showed was of a little girl in the crowd holding up a sign that said “I want to throw like a girl.” For every pathetic, insecure grown man who is threatened by this amazingly talented girl, hopefully there is another little girl who is inspired. But that she has to put up wit this kind of abuse even though she is OBJECTIVELY the best pitcher in the league right now and can throw a ball SEVENTY MILES PER HOUR is absolutely uncalled for. She is truly phenomenal, and those dads can all go eat shit and live
In other words, these pictures are what made me lose all respect in Pixiv Scotland. (maybe it was already vanishing before but this crushed what little chance he had as an acceptable Scotland OC for me) You can like him or even adore him as a character, but this is the kind of interpretation that I abhor and makes me unable to support Pixiv Scotland.
(putting this under a readmore because the pictures are a bit graphic. Not the worst I’ve ever seen but it’s still rather jarring to see)
so i bought this ring that has a little hinge and it opens up to a tiny secret box hidden under the gem and my mom told me that women used to put poison in it and then SLIP POISON INTO PEOPLES DRINKS and i was like NUH UH THIS CANT BE REAL and i just googled it and guys this is like a real thing
people are psycho
I have a few of those. I think they’re really neat!
classiest way to poison someone hands down
That’s how it all goes down in Hamlet, poison ring.
I’ve always, always wanted one of these because I have pure peppermint liquid that can ruin a drink with one drop and just kargfksernjskrn I want one.
wait why does everyone want one of these
what are all of you people planning
i regret making this post because i have been getting the creepiest reblogs in the universe seriously tumblr u scary
If you’re reading this, chances are very high that your home has at least one — and maybe more! — magic appliance that produces clean water suitable for drinking. That’s one reason to avoid paying for bottled water.
Another reason? There’s a good chance the water you’re buying at the supermarket was bottled in California, a state currently enduring a severe drought.
(Images via MotherJones)
EVERYONE PLEASE AT LEAST TAKE A QUICK SECOND TO LOOK AT THIS
BECAUSE IT IS EFFECTING THE EXACT AREA I LIVE IN
Lots of people believe bottled water is safer and cleaner than tap water, when in reality there’s no evidence proving such a thing.
Penn & Teller’s Bullshit!: Bottled Water segment, gives a very good and thorough summary of the bottled water culture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHx6BX3HZJc
You want better water? Buy a Zero filter. SRSLY. Stop buying bottled if possible. You need water with you? Get reusable acrylic or glass water bottles (wrapped in a silicon sleeve) and fill it up from your filter pitcher. SAVE MONEY, SAVE MY STATE
This is all incredibly important, some cities have as little as 60 -120 days left. Try using a refillable water container, and if you’re a California resident, make sure to report water waste in public spaces.
from banthebottle.net’s info sheet:
Many people drink bottled water because they believe it to be of a higher quality, cleaner and better-tasting, but that’s not necessarily true.
- In the United States, 24 percent of bottled water sold is either Pepsi’s Aquafina (13 percent of the market) or Coke’s Dasani (11 percent of the market). Both brands are bottled, purified municipal water3.
- If you don’t like the taste of your tap water, try a filtered water pitcher.
- Dr. Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental advocacy group, told The New York Times that “there is no reason to believe that bottled water is safer than tap water.”7
- In the U.S., public water is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which requires multiple daily tests for bacteria and makes results available to the public. The Food and Drug Administration, which regulates bottled water, only requires weekly testing and does not share its findings with the EPA or the public7.
- Pacific Institute. “Fact Sheet: Bottled Water and Energy – Getting to 17 Million Barrels.” December 2007.
- “Not Disposable Anymore.” P.O.V.’s Borders. 2004. PBS.
- Fishman, Charles. “Message in a Bottle.” Fast Company Magazine July 2007: 110.
- This cost assumes the purchase of a $25 pitcher (one filter included), plus 5 replacement filters at $9 each, for a total yearly cost of $70, or $0.19 cents a day.
- Each filter produces 40 gallons of water and the average owner uses 6 filters in a year, to produce 240 gallons, or 30,720 ounces, of fresh-filtered water. 30,720 ounces is equivalent to the water found in 1,818 16.9-ounce water bottles.
- Purchasing 1,818 16.9-ounce water bottles at the cost of $1 each costs $1,818. Over the course of a year, that’s $4.98 a day.
- Burros, Marian. “Fighting the Tide, a Few Restaurants Tilt to Tap Water.” The New York Times [New York City, NY] 30 May 2007: Section F, Page 1.
- Shotyk, William. “Toxic risk in bottled water?” Royal Society of Chemistry. September 2006.
Petition: Hong Kong Government: Legislate a ban on the sale and possession of shark fin in Hong Kong.
From Honduras to New Caledonia, from the Bahamas to the Maldives, the people have spoken. And governments have listened. Now is the time for Hong Kong to wake up! The public is ready. The business sector is behind us. Now is the time for a total sale and possession ban on shark fin in Hong Kong. By doing so, Hong Kong will take a giant step to join the conservation efforts of numerous countries around the world who have enacted shark protection legislation. In Latin America it will join Honduras. In the United States it will join California, New York, Hawaii, Washington, Maryland, Delaware and Oregon. In the Pacific region it will join Palau, Tokelau, Marshall Islands, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and New Caledonia. Even China has agreed to stop serving shark fin soup at official banquets, to take effect in the next year or two.
Banning shark fin from the streets of Hong Kong will be the single most important marine conservation achievement of the year. It will be an important step towards protecting the health of our oceans. It will also remove the stain on Hong Kong’s reputation as a world-class tourism hub.
This petition is endorsed by: Shark Rescue
BALLSIEST. PETITION. EVER.
IF THERE WAS EVER A HEAD TO THIS DRAGON - THERE IT IS.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE THIS WOULD MAKE??? WITHOUT THE ISSUE OF SHARK FIN SOUP WE COULD CONCENTRATE ON THE ISSUE OF BYCATCH AND SOLVE THIS ISSUE PERMANENTLY.
Is that… is that even healthy?
There are sea organisms and fungi which glow in the dark and there’s fireflies and jellyfish which glow in the dark. It doesn’t do them any harm nor does it do the people around them any harm. I would say its pretty healthy, as well as it would mean more photosynthesis happening in cities which mean cleaner air.
I was just curious about how they were doing it and for some reason I didn’t think to click the link. But thanks! It makes more sense now. I was afraid it was some kind of chemical thing.
nah just genetic modification using existing bioluminescent genes. Genetics is really cool, and so is bioluminescence. I mean they’ve already made pigs glow using jellyfish genes and pigs are waaay more complicated than trees iirc. So they’re actually (i think) less likely to muck it up with trees.
In which case
(I like glowy things)
Kappa (river imp)
Jorōgumo (lit. “whore spider”)
Kubire-oni (strangler demon)
Rokurokubi (long-necked woman)
Onmoraki (bird demon)
Nekomata (cat monster)
Tengu (bird-like demon)
Tenjō-sagari (ceiling dweller)
Enma Dai-Ō (King of Hell)
Kyūbi no kitsune (nine-tailed fox)
Baku (dream-eating chimera)
Yamasei (mountain sprite)
Rashōmon no oni (ogre of Rashōmon Gate)
Waira (mountain-dwelling chimera)
Nure-onna (snake woman)
LOOK WHAT MY MOM JUST SENT ME I CANT BELIEVE THIS